Fixing the error 0x800CCC13 in Outlook which is related to sending and receiving of emails is fairly easy and involves a few easy to implement steps. All that users need to do is to take help from the customer support team of Outlook to learn about the steps involved.
Following are the steps to fix this error
- The firsts thing that users must do is to create a new shortcut to Outlook 2013 on their desktop.
- Once this is done, users must then right click on the icon and click on Run as administrator option.
- Once this is done, users must check whether they are able to send or receive messages.
- If users are able to send and receive messages then they must find out the interfering program.
- Users must create a new User Profile and then check whether it resolves the problem.
- In the next step, users must open Outlook in Safe mode by open the Run box and then type the following in the given box: Outlook /safe
- If it doesn’t resolve the issue then users must follow this route: Click File menu > Options > Add-ins > Go button besides Manage: Com-in Add.
- In the next step users must run the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker tool to scan and verify the integrity of all protected system files.
- In the next step, users must type sfc /scannow and hit Enter
- Users must let the scanning process complete, which takes about 15 mins in normal course to scan the hard disk.
Users must contact Outlook technical support to get more info on the above mentioned solution. Their able technicians will provide precise solutions for all sorts of issues. They can either give them a call or can send their queries via emails.