Outlook has become a constant part of your life in this fast paced world. And often sometimes when we take a break from this situation to relax, we wish to stop using our outlook account temporarily. Therefore when we wish to stop our outlook account usage, it is better to disable such accounts instead of deleting it. Disabling your email account will also ensure that none of your emails are deleted. To disable your account, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Outlook application on your computer or laptop.
- In the outlook app, search for the “send/ receive” tab which is located on the ribbon and click on it.
- Next, choose the option to define the send/ receive groups.
- Select the option “All accounts” in the send/ receive group in the new window that is displayed. Thereafter click on the edit button to enter into editing options.
- Next you need to choose the account that you wish to disable. Click on the check box that is located right next to it and include it in the “Include the selected account in this group”.
- Click on Ok to save this change that has been made.
- Once you have finished this process, the selected account would have been temporarily disabled until the time you are activate it again.
You need to know that during this disabled state, you cannot send any email from your disabled account. To send any email would need to reactivate the account once again.
In such a case wherein you face any problem in disabling your outlook account, it is advisable to contact the Microsoft outlook customer support at the earliest. The tech support representative is extremely helpful and they aim at providing you the solutions that is easy to implement and effective in resolving the problem immediately.